Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fine motor skills

Papa So bought Russian dolls to see the amazement in our eyes when he open up the doll again and again to reveal yet another doll. There are 10 in total and the tiniest doll is like the size of a barley. Xuan used to say "我要玩doll", now she can open them herself!

Also bought her this "educational toy" which is meant to teach her logic when she's older. Now it's more of a motor skill practice as she push the buttons to match the colours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She recited her first poem today: 鹅,鹅,鹅,曲项向天歌,白毛浮绿水,红掌拨清波。I was so shocked! I never meant to teach her 唐诗,though I do recite this before meals sometimes: 锄禾日当午,汗滴禾下土,谁知盘中餐,粒粒皆辛苦。我并没有刻意地教她这首骆宾王的诗,but it's in her hanyu pinyin book (which, again, I'm not teaching her hanyu pinyin, we just look at the pictures inside), and there are alot of kiddy rhymes in it. When I flipped the the "e" page, the one with the 鹅, she just started reciting this poem which is on this page. 真是无心插柳柳成荫!I don't really believe in making kids recite poems. Cos they don't understand what they are saying. And what's the point of learning 窗前明月光 if you don't understand the true "feel" (意境)of the poem? Kids don't understand the sense of nostalgia. I don't see what's the point of her reciting 鹅鹅鹅 as well but it's, like, the elementary poem that a kid from China will learn, so I'm quite excited about it anyway! :):)

No comments: